Six Year Trend Analysis NYS Dairy Farms
MetadataShow full item record
Trend analysis is an important use of benchmarking within a dairy businesses. While current year performance is important, understanding trends within the business and the industry may provide additional insight into strengths and areas of opportunities within the business. To provide benchmark trends of various financial and performance factors over time, data was utilized from 128 farms that have participated in the Dairy Farm Business Summary and Analysis Project in New York State for 6 years, from 2012 thru 2017. This information is reported on an average basis, the top 20% of farms as determined by average return on assets w/o appreciation over the size years, and the remaining 80% of farms. For selected factors, the trends and changes between the top 20% of farms and the remaining 80% are highlighted.
Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
6 year trend; trend analysis; dairy farm; dfbs; financial; production