CRER Vol. 17 (2019)
- Table of Contents
- Editorial Board
- Letter from the Editors. Trahan, Christopher; Chagani, Ershad; Spritzer, Jennifer; McFalls, Joe; Blum, Wilson
- Research Articles
- A Taxonomy of Coworking Space: Manhattan, NYC. Zhou, Yaoyi
- Tailwinds on the U.S. Gulf Coast: How the Boom in U.S. Energy Production is Creating Opportunities for Real Estate Investment. Trahan, Christopher
- The U.S. Student Housing Market: Overlooked Opportunities. McFalls, Joseph A.
- Opportunity Zones and New Orleans: A Chance for Affordable Housing Growth. Blum, Wilson
- Modular Construction: A Solution to Affordable Housing Challenges. Thompson, John
- Rising Tourism in Saudi Arabia: Implications for Real Estate Investment. Daye, Ali S.
- The Hurdles to Financing Modular Development. Feutz, Daniel
- Highlights: WX New York Women Executives in Real Estate. Calmet, Krizia
- Alumni Highlights: Ravikanth Pamidimukkala (Baker '17), RedSky Capital, LLC
- Alumni Highlight: Jiwon Park (Baker/MBA '18), Samsung
- Case Competitions
- International Trek: Shanghai, China
- Domestic Trek: Los Angeles, California
- Real Estate Industry
- 36th Annual Cornell Real Estate Conference Recap
- 2018 Institutional Real Estate Allocations Monitor, Survey Highlights
- Baker Program
(2019-04-25)Revenues from the permanent modular construction (PMC) sector jumped 62% in one year to reach $3.3 billion in 2016 and its quick growth has not gone unnoticed. The industry has attracted investment from sources such as ...
(2019-04-25)Over the last few years, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has pursued a more aggressive approach towards economic diversification in order to plan for the future of its youth as nearly 60 percent of the country’s 3 million ...
(2019-04-25)The lack of affordable housing is pervasive across the United States. It affects some locations more severely than others, with each having unique challenges. Construction and land acquisition costs are frequently cited ...
(2019-04-25)In the year and a half since their introduction, Opportunity Zones have quickly become one of the hottest topics in real estate development. This exciting program offers a new chance to revitalize distressed communities ...
(2019-04-25)Student housing has emerged in recent years as one of the most in-demand asset classes in commercial real estate. Investors, both domestic and international, have been attracted to U.S. student housing projects for many ...
Tailwinds on the U.S. Gulf Coast: How the Boom in U.S. Energy Production is Creating Opportunities for Real Estate Investment (2019-04-25)The Federal Government’s commitment to deepen the Mississippi River channel and its decision to allow the exportation of crude have created many opportunities in the U.S. Gulf Coast region for private investment and ...
(2019-04-25)The growth in the coworking inventory has accelerated over the past years, with more than 5 million square feet of new space flooding into the market in each of the past three years (Cushman & Wakefield, 2018). In 2018, ...