CRER Vol. 14 (2016)
- Cover. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Table of Contents. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Letter from the Editors. Henderson, Jason; Green, Matthew; Spencer, Jason
- Affordable Housing Policies: An Overview. Kalugina, Anastasia
- Impact of Rapid Transit on the Residential Market in Hudson County, New Jersey. Pamidimukkala, Ravikanth
- Repositioning a Multifamily Asset. Willis, Harrison
- Lennar Technology: The Connected Consumer Has Arrived in Multifamily. Lathan, Robert
- Autonomous Vehicles and Commercial Real Estate. Henderson, Jason; Spencer, Jason
- Baker Viewpoint: Curtailment Mortgages are a Win-Win Economic Policy. Henderson, Jason; Farrell, Matthew
- A Lender's Vorpal Sword: Expungement Affidavits & Their Power to Void Sheriff's Sales & Revert Mortgages Back to the Homeowner. LaBar, Joshua
- Betting Against the House: Redeveloping a Former Casino in Reno, Nevada. Jalazo, Mathew
- Baker Program's Inaugural Domestic Trip to San Francisco and Silicon Valley. Farrell, Matthew; Lathan, Robert; Willis, Harrison
- Baker Program's Inaugural International Trip to Vancouver. Henderson, Jason; Spencer, Jason
- 2016 Real Estate Industry Leader Profile: MaryAnne Gilmartin. Henderson, Jason
- Pathways: A Conversation with Karl Mistry '04. Farrell, Matthew
- Findings from the 2015 Institutional Real Estate Capital Allocations Monitor. Green, Matthew
- Real Estate Case Competitions. Green, Matthew
(2016-06-01)[Excerpt] In March 2016, second-year students in the Baker Program in Real Estate embarked on a trip to Vancouver, British Columbia to meet with the people and companies that have played a role in shaping Vancouver into ...
(2016-06-01)Reno, Nevada, one of the nation’s original gaming meccas, is in the midst of reinventing itself and dramatically broadening its economic base. The timing is portentous, as a soft market for casino gaming prevails, largely ...
(2016-06-01)[Excerpt] In late January, first-year students in the Baker Program in Real Estate attended the first annual domestic real estate trek as part of the program’s newly revised curriculum. For this inaugural trip, students ...
(2016-06-01)The New York Metropolitan region is one of the most populous urban agglomerations in the world, and the single largest in North America. It is also one of the most prominent economic centers, with New York City at the ...
(2016-06-01)[Excerpt] Cornell University and the Baker Program in Real Estate are pleased to announce the 2016 Real Estate Industry Leader Award recipient: MaryAnne Gilmartin, President & CEO of Forest City Ratner Companies. MaryAnne’s ...
(2016-06-01)[Excerpt] The Editorial Team is proud to release this 2016 14th Annual Volume of the Cornell Real Estate Review. This year’s issue explores a wide range of topics, including the deployment of new technologies in multifamily ...
(2016-06-01)Multifamily investments, particularly value-added strategies, have been of keen interest to real estate investors for years now. Successful execution of a multifamily investment offers excellent risk-adjusted returns when ...
A Lender's Vorpal Sword: Expungement Affidavits & Their Power to Void Sheriff's Sales & Revert Mortgages Back to the Homeowner (2016-06-01)Like many Americans across the country, Michigan residents have faced a staggering number of foreclosures in the last few years.2 In 2009, Laura Buttazzoni was one of the many Michigan homeowners facing the dire reality ...
(2016-06-01)As multifamily homebuilders progress into the 21st century, they have looked to integrate electronics and technology to simplify and enhance their businesses. The use of programs like Yardi and MRI for both property ...