CRER Vol. 09 (2011)
- Table of Contents. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Foreword. Funk, David L.
- Letter from the Editors. Weidel, Richard A. III; Solinsky, Douglas C.
- Miscellaneous Frontmatter
- Front Cover
- The Other Side of the White Picket Fence. Bridges, Robert; Kianmahd, Michael
- Timing Matters: Getting in on the Ground Floor. Tse, Elysia; Palumbo, Lawrence; Ziering, Barry
- Strategic Default: The Popularization of a Debate Among Contract Scholars. Miller, Meredith R.
- Industry Leader Profile: Robert Duncan. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review; Duncan, Robert
- More Affordable Housing, But Where, and for Whom? A New Jersey Study revealing the Low Income Housing Tax Credit's Impact, and the Ongoing Concentration of the Poor. Biglin, Brian N.
- How Dismantling Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Will Affect the Future of the Multifamily Market. Shlom, David; Benioff, Andrew
- Bay Point II: Residential Development. Hagedorn, Randy W.
(2011-07-01)The Sun Arrow Apartments Case Study focuses on the evaluation of an investment opportunity for a 275-unit apartment complex in the El Paso, Texas market. After taking Sun Arrow out of bankruptcy, Frank Markowitz of Fannie ...
(2011-07-01)On February 11, 2011 the US Treasury published a white paper announcing the future dismantling of the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.1 This white paper, “Reforming America’s Housing ...
More Affordable Housing, But Where, and for Whom? A New Jersey Study revealing the Low Income Housing Tax Credit’s Impact, and the Ongoing Concentration of the Poor (2011-07-01)Since its inception as part of the Tax Reform Act of 1986, the Tax Credit for Low-Income Rental Housing (Low Income Housing Tax Credit, “LIHTC”) has been the most significant government subsidy for the provision of affordable ...
(2011-07-01)After earning BBA, MBA, and LLB degrees from the University of Texas at Austin, Mr. Duncan began his career with Trammell Crow in Dallas, Texas. He was responsible for commercial operations in San Antonio in 1978, when he ...
(2011-07-01)[Excerpt] Dear Readers,We are excited to present Volume 9 of the Cornell Real Estate Review, the leading publication of Cornell’s Program in Real Estate. As this issue goes to press, much uncertainty remains regarding the ...
Foreword (2011-07-01)[Excerpt] Welcome to the 2011 edition of the Cornell Real Estate Review (CRER), a publication managed and edited by graduate students in the Cornell Program in Real Estate featuring the latest practical and applied research ...
(2011-07-01)[Excerpt] Given the recent, sharp decline in housing prices,1 an estimated 20% of homeowners with a mortgage are “underwater,”2 meaning that these homeowners have borrowed more than their homes are currently worth. Of those ...