CRER Vol. 07 (2009)
- Table of Contents. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Foreword. Funk, David L.
- Letter from the Editor. Spanelli, James
- Miscellaneous Frontmatter. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Front Cover
- Could Have, Would Have, Should Have: A Short History of the Housing Boom/Bust in the 2000s. Krueger, Gerd-Ulf; LePlastrier, Geoffrey
- Reviving the Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities Market: The Background and The Way Forward. Schilke, Charles
- Using California's Farmland Preservation Programs to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions. Robert, Wassmer W.
- Industry Leader Profile: Andrew Florance, CEO and Founder of CoStar. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review; Florance, Andrew
- Galisteo Basin Preserve. Grooms, Tyler
- Valuation Using Hedonic Pricing Models. Monson, Matt
- Compensation Structure of Buyer Brokers and Residential Real Estate Transactions. Liu, Peng; Weidel, Richard III
- Golden Hills Residential Development. Kollmann, Lars; Olsen, C. Bradley
- 2008 Cornell Real Estate Conference Highlights
- CMBS: An Introduction. Weis, Alex; Njoku, John
- Seven World Trade Center: An Unlikely Success. Norwood, John
- Retail Site Selection: A New, Innovative Model for Retail Development. Ladle, Joshua K.; Stiller, Duane; Stiller, David
(2009-05-01)On October 21, 2004, developer Larry Silverstein joined Governor George Pataki and Mayor Michael Bloomberg in signing the final steel beam for 7 World Trade Center before 500 of the project’s construction workers. The beam, ...
(2009-05-01)The Golden Hills Case Study is focused around the financial analysis and evaluation of two undeveloped tracts within a master-planned community in the Los Angeles region. The owner of the two parcels, Reality Development, ...
(2009-05-01)The 26th annual conference was held on September 26-27, 2008 in Ithaca, New York featuring key note speaker Stephen J. Furnary, Chairman & CEO of ING Clarion.
(2009-05-01)This paper provides insight into the site-selection process for retail real estate decisions. After briefly exploring current methods of retail site selection, this paper will present a new method for site selection: the ...
(2009-05-01)Commercial backed securities (CMBS) were conceived during the last major real estate downturn- the Savings & Loan Crisis of the early 1990s- as an answer to a lack of liquidity which plagued real estate. Deemed viable ...
(2009-07-01)[Excerpt] Conservation easements can act as a catalyst for new development by increasing land values, improving public access to recreational spaces, and provide land owners with tax savings, among other benefits. Furthermore, ...
(2009-07-01)Buildings can be compared to a bundle of goods sold in a market, where each of the building characteristics combined equate to the expected overall transaction value. By collecting data on many different buildings a ...
(2009-07-01)[Excerpt] Traditionally, commission rates were set by local boards of realtors. However, shortly after the inception of the Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”), the Federal Trade Commission began requiring brokers to disclose ...