CRER Vol. 07 (2009)
- Table of Contents. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Foreword. Funk, David L.
- Letter from the Editor. Spanelli, James
- Miscellaneous Frontmatter. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Front Cover
- Could Have, Would Have, Should Have: A Short History of the Housing Boom/Bust in the 2000s. Krueger, Gerd-Ulf; LePlastrier, Geoffrey
- Reviving the Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities Market: The Background and The Way Forward. Schilke, Charles
- Using California's Farmland Preservation Programs to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions. Robert, Wassmer W.
- Industry Leader Profile: Andrew Florance, CEO and Founder of CoStar. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review; Florance, Andrew
- Galisteo Basin Preserve. Grooms, Tyler
- Valuation Using Hedonic Pricing Models. Monson, Matt
- Compensation Structure of Buyer Brokers and Residential Real Estate Transactions. Liu, Peng; Weidel, Richard III
- Golden Hills Residential Development. Kollmann, Lars; Olsen, C. Bradley
- 2008 Cornell Real Estate Conference Highlights
- CMBS: An Introduction. Weis, Alex; Njoku, John
- Seven World Trade Center: An Unlikely Success. Norwood, John
- Retail Site Selection: A New, Innovative Model for Retail Development. Ladle, Joshua K.; Stiller, Duane; Stiller, David
Retail Site Selection: A New, Innovative Model for Retail Development (2009-05-01)This paper provides insight into the site-selection process for retail real estate decisions. After briefly exploring current methods of retail site selection, this paper will present a new method for site selection: the ...
2008 Cornell Real Estate Conference Highlights (2009-05-01)The 26th annual conference was held on September 26-27, 2008 in Ithaca, New York featuring key note speaker Stephen J. Furnary, Chairman & CEO of ING Clarion.
CMBS: An Introduction (2009-05-01)Commercial backed securities (CMBS) were conceived during the last major real estate downturn- the Savings & Loan Crisis of the early 1990s- as an answer to a lack of liquidity which plagued real estate. Deemed viable ...
Seven World Trade Center: An Unlikely Success (2009-05-01)On October 21, 2004, developer Larry Silverstein joined Governor George Pataki and Mayor Michael Bloomberg in signing the final steel beam for 7 World Trade Center before 500 of the project’s construction workers. The beam, ...
Golden Hills Residential Development (2009-05-01)The Golden Hills Case Study is focused around the financial analysis and evaluation of two undeveloped tracts within a master-planned community in the Los Angeles region. The owner of the two parcels, Reality Development, ...
Galisteo Basin Preserve (2009-07-01)[Excerpt] Conservation easements can act as a catalyst for new development by increasing land values, improving public access to recreational spaces, and provide land owners with tax savings, among other benefits. Furthermore, ...
Valuation Using Hedonic Pricing Models (2009-07-01)Buildings can be compared to a bundle of goods sold in a market, where each of the building characteristics combined equate to the expected overall transaction value. By collecting data on many different buildings a ...
Compensation Structure of Buyer Brokers and Residential Real Estate Transactions (2009-07-01)[Excerpt] Traditionally, commission rates were set by local boards of realtors. However, shortly after the inception of the Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”), the Federal Trade Commission began requiring brokers to disclose ...