CRER Vol. 05 (2007)
- Foreword. Funk, David L.
- Letter from the Editor. Mestre, Chris de
- Miscellaneous Frontmatter. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- More Miscellaneous Frontmatter
- What is Public Use? Eminent Domain and the Kelo Decision. McDonald, John F.
- A Critical Assessment of the Traditional Residential Real Estate Broker Commission Rate Structure (Unabridged). Nadel, Mark S.
- Executive Profile: Bill Sanders. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review; Sanders, Bill
- The Tectonic Forces of Global Real Estate. Lynn, David J.
- Workforce Housing in New York City: A Case Study of Urban American, LLC. Wilson, Rachel
- Existing Buildings: It's Easier Than You Think to Green the Triple Bottom Line. Pitts, Jessica; Lord, Mychele R.
- Private Equity Goes Retail. Kennedy, Richard; Baker, Richard
- The Future of Limited Equity Cooperatives. Perkins, Kristin
- A Critical Assessment of the Traditional Residential Real Estate Broker Commission Rate Structure (Abridged). Nadel, Mark S.
- 2007 ULI Hines Student Urban Design Competition.. Chua, Ronald; Day, Stacy; MacLeod, Matthew; Nelson, Andrea; Stecyk, Laryssa
A Critical Assessment of the Traditional Residential Real Estate Broker Commission Rate Structure (Unabridged) (2007-05-01)While real estate brokers have long set their fee as a straight percentage of a home’s sale price, this formula is an anomaly and a primary reason why such fees may be inflated by more than $30 billion annually. Although ...
(2007-05-01)Cornell fielded five entries in 2007 Urban Land Institute Gerald D. Hines Student Urban Design Competition, which takes place each year over 10 days in January, just as students are returning from winter break. Now in its ...
(2007-07-01)The challenging task of providing high-quality workforce housing is further complicated in a rent-stabilized housing market such as New York City. Socially conscious, fiscally responsible landlords must conduct major capital ...
(2007-07-01)This paper addresses the application of green practices in existing buildings from a triple bottom line perspective. It describes the most widely used benchmark for assessing green practices, the U.S. Green Building Council’s ...
(2007-07-01)[Excerpt] The past few years have brought record-setting merger and acquisition activity in just about every industry across the board. Private equity firms, known for their pioneering efforts in creating exceptional ...
(2007-01-01)Limited Equity Cooperatives (LECs) are a form of cooperative housing that is price restricted, often created initially through government construction or mortgage interest subsidies. Affordability is maintained in perpetuity ...
(2007-05-01)Advisory Board; Student Collaboration Initiative; The ING CLARION Most Outstanding Article Award Cornell Real Estate Review; AREC; Cornell Real Estate Council
(2007-07-01)[Excerpt] There are major shifts underway in the fundamental structure, or the underlying tectonic plates, of the global commercial real estate industry. These massive plate movements are creating an entirely new landscape ...