How to Submit to eCommons
Cornell University faculty, researchers, staff, and students may submit digital content to eCommons. To read more about the type of content appropriate for eCommons, see the eCommons Content Collection Policy.
Before your first submission
Before submitting material to eCommons for the first time, there are two, one-time only steps required:
- Create an account by registering with eCommons.
- Get approved to submit by contacting the eCommons Administrator with the name of the Collection or Collections to which you want to submit.
After you are registered and approved to submit
At any point during the process, you may cancel the submission, or save what you have entered and return to it later.
- Login to your eCommons account.
- Select "Start a New Submission."
- Select the Collection to which you want to submit your work. The list will contain those Collections you have approval to submit to.
- Read and agree to the eCommons Deposit License.
- Fill in the forms. The more complete your description, the more likely that others will find your work quickly. For advice on describing your content, see Best Practices for eCommons Metadata.
- Upload your file and provide a short file description.
- Verify your file upload and add additional files if necessary.
- Verify your submission. Please review the content description and file. Click "Next" to complete the submission.
After you submit
You should receive an e-mail message explaining how to access and refer to your submission. If your submission requires approval, then you will get your confirmation e-mail message after the submission is approved.