eCommons

 

Marijuana Toxicosis in a 4 Year Old Female Spayed Shih Tzu

Other Titles

Abstract

A four year old female spayed Shih Tzu was presented to Cornell's Emergency and Critical Care service for acute onset trembling and abnormal behavior. Her signs were determined to be secondary to ingestion of cookies containing marijuana. She was hospitalized and treated with intravenous fluids, activated charcoal and intravenous lipids. The patient was severely affected and developed respiratory depression which has not previously been reported in marijuana toxicosis. Supplemental oxygen was required. She made a full recovery and was discharged from the hospital two days later. Canine marijuana ingestion is being encountered with increasing frequency in veterinary practice. This case report highlights the mechanisms and signs of marijuana toxicosis and discusses treatment options and prognosis.

Journal / Series

Volume & Issue

Description

Sponsorship

Date Issued

2017-04-22

Publisher

Keywords

Location

Effective Date

Expiration Date

Sector

Employer

Union

Union Local

NAICS

Number of Workers

Committee Chair

Committee Co-Chair

Committee Member

Degree Discipline

Degree Name

Degree Level

Related Version

Related DOI

Related To

Related Part

Based on Related Item

Has Other Format(s)

Part of Related Item

Related To

Related Publication(s)

Link(s) to Related Publication(s)

References

Link(s) to Reference(s)

Previously Published As

Government Document

ISBN

ISMN

ISSN

Other Identifiers

Rights

Rights URI

Types

case study

Accessibility Feature

Accessibility Hazard

Accessibility Summary

Link(s) to Catalog Record