Remembering W. Donald Cooke
The IFUP published "A Conversation with W. Donald Cooke", an interview by Charles Wilcox recorded on 14 April 2006, a year and half before his death. A segment of that was presented during the memorial held on 20 September 2007. The memorial in its entirety forms the core of the present Collection. Individual speeches by Hector Abruna, Dale Corson, Joe Ballantyne, Harold Scheraga, Fred McLafferty, Ben Widom, Tim Cooke, and a self portrait of Don's early years as recorded on April 14 2006 excerpted from the "A Conversation with W. Donald Cooke" are part of this memorial.
Various supplemental resources are provided:
- An oral history interview with Don that was conducted on 5 January 1984 as part of Colman's history of the College of Agriculture.
- A collection of family photos depicting Don from his earliest days to the present.
- Several additional items depict Don's illustrious career at
- A selection of articles from The Cornell Chronicle, dating back to its founding in 1969
- Photos and newspaper clippings from the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections
- Obituaries for Don and his beloved spouse, June Orr Cooke.
(Internet-First University Press, 2007)"Remembering W. Donald Cooke was edited and produced by J. Robert Cooke using Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro on a Macintosh Mac Pro. The slideshows were prepared using KeyNote. This record contains the complete contents ...
(Internet-First University Press, 2007)This is a collection of obituaries and memorials for Professor Emeritus W. Donald Cooke and June Marie Cooke taken from the Cornell Chronicle and the Ithaca Journal.
(Internet-First University Press, 2007)This is a collection of articles from the Cornell Chronicle concerning Professor Emeritus W. Donald Cooke taken from the Rare and Manuscript Collection.
(Internet-First University Press, 2007)This is a collection of family photos depicting Professor Emeritus W. Donald Cooke from his earliest days to the present. J. Robert Cooke edited and produced the slideshow using KeyNote.
(Internet-First University Press, 2007)As a contribution to an oral history of the College of Agriculture at Cornell University, W. Donald Cooke, a prominent university administrator at Cornell, was interviewed by the University Archivist, Gould Colman on January ...