Denton House illustration
Illustration showing the house and farm of Nehemiah Denton and neighboring octagon house near Geneva, New York. First known publishing was as border art in the following map: Town of Seneca and Village of Geneva, Ontario Co., N.Y., from actual Surveys. Published by J. H. French, Philadelphia, 1856.
Illustration showing "Residence of Nehemiah Denton" and "H. G. Moore's Octagon." The Denton House later became the administration building for the New York Agricultural Experiment Station and was renamed Parrott Hall in 1950. This illustration is printed on a long strip of cloth/canvas/"wall paper" like material which was discovered in the early 2000s in the NYSAES warehouse.
J. H. French, Philadelphia, PA
Denton House; Parrott Hall; Geneva; NYSAES; Octagon House; New York State Agricultural Experiment Station