Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorCooke, J. Robert
dc.contributor.authorFurry, Ronald B.
dc.date.accessioned2007-06-29T13:06:05Z
dc.date.available2007-06-29T13:06:05Z
dc.date.issued2007-06-28
dc.identifier.urihttps://hdl.handle.net/1813/7834
dc.description.abstractIn the fall of 1953, 46 years after the Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering at Cornell was founded (in 1907) as Division of Rural Engineering and Architecture, ground was broken for what would become its own home, Riley-Robb Hall, named after its founding fathers, Howard W. Riley and Byron B. Robb. The building was dedicated on October 6, 1954, and in 1956 the Agricultural Engineering Department, as it was then named, occupied its new 2 1/4 acre facility for teaching, research and extension. By Fall Semester 1957, 38 professorial and non-professorial staff, 6 graduate students and 12 office professionals were on the roster, as shown in the new directory of September 25, 1957 in the Appendix. Pictures of many of these individuals can be seen in the photographs included in this album. The appendix contains a listing of this 1957 directory.en_US
dc.format.extent6508995 bytes
dc.format.mimetypeapplication/pdf
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.publisherInternet-First University Pressen_US
dc.subjectBiological Engineeringen_US
dc.subjectEnvironmental Engineeringen_US
dc.subjectAgricultural Engineeringen_US
dc.subjectCornell University Historyen_US
dc.titleRiley-Robb Hall at Cornell University: Celebrating It's Openingen_US
dc.typebooken_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record

Statistics