CRER Vol. 13 (2015)
- Cover. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Table of Contents. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Foreword. Funk, David
- Letter from the Editors. Gualtieri, Dan; Martinez, Nicholas; Roach, Clayton
- Can Short-Term Rental Arrangements Increase Home Values? A Case for AirBNB and Other Home Sharing Arrangements. Jefferson-Jones, Jamila
- When Private Property Rights Collide With Growth Management Legislation. Calandrillo, Steve P.; Deliganis, Chryssa V.; Woods, Andrea
- The Interconnectedness Between Home Builders and the Asian American Community. Krueger, Gerd-Ulf; Laurie, Scott
- Constitutional Constraints on Using Eminent Domain to Write-Down Underwater Mortgages. Shelton, Jacob R.
- Asian Capital Investing in US Real Estate. Zhou, Junwei (Eddie)
- This Land is Your Land, This Land is My Land: A Case Study on Eminent Domain and Under Compensation. Lookman, Annamaria
- Determining the Applicability of 3D Concrete Construction (Contour Crafting) of Low Income Houses in Select Countries. Weinstein, David; Nawara, Peter
- Healthcare REITs and their Operator Partnerships. Gottlieb, Matt
- The Troubled Tower. Spencer, Jason L.
- Changing World of the Commercial Real Estate Job Search Space. Godiwala, Sameer
- Cornell/SelectLeaders Job Barometer: 2014 in Review. Lloyd, Christopher
- 2015 Industry Leader Profile: John Grayken
- Baker Program Alumnus Profile: Elysia Tse (Baker '01)
Constitutional Constraints on Using Eminent Domain to Write-Down Underwater Mortgages (2015-06-01)Beginning in 2007, the U.S. economy was hit with a series of damaging financial blows, the negative repercussions of which still affect Americans today. In years prior thereto, various economic and political factors worked ...
The Interconnectedness Between Home Builders and the Asian American Community (2015-06-01)California’s ethnic and cultural diversity has always influenced its housing market, lifestyle, and business investments. A great example of this is the increasing Asian-American demand for new housing in the Los Angeles ...
Asian Capital Investing in US Real Estate (2015-06-01)Asian capital investment in the United States real estate market is becoming increasingly popular. This article analyzes the patterns and preferences of Asian investors in the US real estate market by examining transaction ...
Can Short-Term Rental Arrangements Increase Home Values? A Case for AirBNB and Other Home Sharing Arrangements (2015-06-01)The sharing economy or “new economy”1 has redefined consumption in the housing context in a manner that impacts traditional notions regarding home values and neighborhood integrity. Housing sharing allows owners to share ...
Awards (2015-06-01)Society of Industrial and Office Realtors; International Council of Shopping Centers Most Outstanding Retail Real Estate Award; Institute of Real Estate Management Most Outstanding Real Estate Award; Westport Capital ...
When Private Property Rights Collide With Growth Management Legislation (2015-06-01)Over the past century, ever-expanding urban and suburban growth in the United States has offered a clear sign of America’s economic vitality, but it has not come without unique challenges of its own. Indeed, efforts to ...
Letter from the Editors (2015-06-01)[Excerpt] We are excited and honored to present the 13th Volume of the Cornell Real Estate Review, a student edited and managed publication with oversight from faculty in the Baker Program in Real Estate at Cornell University. ...
Foreword (2015-06-01)[Excerpt] Welcome to the 2015 edition of the Cornell Real Estate Review (CRER), a publication that features practical, applied research interspersed with commercial real estate cases and industry awards relied upon by our ...
2015 Industry Leader Profile: John Grayken (2015-06-01)Mr.Grayken is the founder and Chairman of Lone Star. Since the establishment of its first fund in 1995, Lone Star has organized fourteen private equity funds with aggregate capital commitments totaling over $54 billion. ...