CRER Vol. 12 (2014)
- Front Cover. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Table of Contents. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Foreword. Funk, David L.
- Letter from the Editors. Bandy, Ryan; Doran, Evan
- Advisory Board
- Between We Buy Houses and We Buy Wholesale. Harvey, Cori R.
- The Value of Flexibility: A Finance Application of Options to Real Estate. Pezeshkian, Hamid; Lashgari, Sina; Stiller, Duane
- 2014 Industry Leader Award: Jorge M. Pérez. Pérez, Jorge M.
- New York City's Annual Income and Expenses: Statement Filing Requirement - a Land Mine for the Unwary Purchaser or Owner of Real Property. McCaffrey, Ryan A.; Lichy, Albert D.
- Collaborate or Compete: How Do Landlords Respond to the Rise in Coworking?. Green, Rebecca
- Using REITs to Invest in Utility Scale Solar Projects. McKinley, Brian
- Boca Bay: The Impact of Insurance Availability on Residential Property Values. Weeks, H. Shelton; Fraser, Steve P.; Finch, J. Howard
- Sound Off #1-2 Industry Professional Response. Lesser, David
- Sound Off #1-2 Industry Professional Response. Feldman, Dave
- Sound Off #2 (Industry Professional Response): The Institutionalization of Single Family Homes. Rand, Gregory
- Sound Off #1 (Industry Professional Response): The Institutionalization of Single Family Homes. Tait, Amy
- Case Competition Highlights
- Cornell/Select Leaders Employment Matrix and Job Barometer
Boca Bay: The Impact of Insurance Availability on Residential Property Values (2014-07-01)This case study requires students to determine a method for estimating the valuation impact of the changes in access to flood insurance - specifically, changes in the expense associated with the purchase of insurance in ...
Collaborate or Compete: How Do Landlords Respond to the Rise in Coworking? (2014-07-01)Changes in technology, attitudes toward work, and the new ‘shared economy’ have created an environment in which people have more options for how, when and where to work. Working from home, telecommuting, hoteling, and ...
Letter from the Editors (2014-07-01)[Excerpt] We are honored to present the 12th Volume of the Cornell Real Estate Review (CRER), a student edited and managed publication with oversight from faculty in the Baker Program in Real Estate at Cornell University. ...
Using REITs to Invest in Utility Scale Solar Projects (2014-07-01)[Excerpt] Public policy in the form of Renewable Portfolio Standards, rising electricity costs, and a sharp decline in upfront costs for commercial and utility scale solar power projects in recent years have allowed for ...
New York City’s Annual Income and Expenses: Statement Filing Requirement – a Land Mine for the Unwary Purchaser or Owner of Real Property (2014-07-01)Since 1986, New York City law has required owners of incomeproducing properties in New York City to file an annual income and expense statement, colloquially referred to as an RPIE statement, with the Department of Finance. ...
Between We Buy Houses and We Buy Wholesale (2014-07-01)The distressed residential real estate market has always depended upon the innovations of private, micro investors to reorganize the housing market and redistribute distressed properties for the benefit of homeowners, home ...
Foreword (2014-07-01)[Excerpt] Welcome to the 2014 edition of the Cornell Real Estate Review (CRER), a publication that features practical, applied research interspersed with commercial real estate cases and industry awards relied upon by our readers.
The Value of Flexibility: A Finance Application of Options to Real Estate (2014-07-01)Real estate is among the most strategic of businesses. Each property class has both independent and linked economic, demographic, and political constituents. Moreover, there are dozens of parties involved that influence ...
2014 Industry Leader Award: Jorge M. Pérez (2014-07-01)[Excerpt] Jorge M. Pérez is the Founder, Chairman and CEO of The Related Group, the largest multi-family real estate development firm in the United States. Under Pérez’s direction, The Related Group has redefined the South ...