CRER Vol. 11 (2013)
- Front Cover. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Table of Contents. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Foreword. Funk, David L.
- Letter from the Editors. Coulson, Jessica; Legge, Matthew; Patch, Jason
- Miscellaneous Frontmatter. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Jian Ye Li: Assessing and Managing Risks in International Real Estate Development. Schaefer, David; Hyat, Syed
- Convene: Pioneers in a Corporate Real Estate Revolution: Convene Takes Manhattan. Rigaud, Pierre; Legge, Matthew; Fleming, Susan
- Rolling Valley: Discovering Highest and Best Use. Michetti, Matthew; Oliver, Pike
- 2013 Industry Leader Profile: Gerald D. Hines. Hines, Gerald D.
- Hollywoodland: Investing in an Emerging Tech, Digital Media, and Entertainment Industry Market. Bridges, Robert; Ammar, Henry
- Hotel Surfing in California: Which Brand Rides the Best Waves?. Miller, Gregory J.; Evans, Blake
- Orange Vista: A Development Manager Plays Quarterback. Kuhlman, Daniel; Oliver, Pike
(2013-07-01)This case focuses on an emerging tech, digital media, and entertainment industry market with a stringent entitlement environment, and the opportunity for a developer to create an innovative project that capitalizes on ...
(2013-07-01)[Excerpt] Gerald D. Hines founded his namesake firm in Houston in 1957. Since then, the company has steadily grown into a global leader in real estate investment, development and management, and is one of the largest real ...
(2013-07-01)This case introduces students to many of the real estate issues faced when evaluating a real estate development opportunity with an emphasis on market assessment and financial feasibility. Over a two-week period, Brian ...
(2013-07-01)[Excerpt] Dear Readers, We are excited to present the 11th Volume of the Cornell Real Estate Review (CRER), a student edited and managed publication with oversight from faculty in the Cornell Baker Program in Real Estate. ...
(2013-07-01)This case focuses on two young entrepreneurs who have created a company with an innovative business model that caters to an underserved segment of the local meetings industry. They have managed to establish a successful ...
Foreword (2013-07-01)[Excerpt] Welcome to this SPECIAL EDITION devoted to the Cornell real estate case study series. Real estate case studies have been a component of the Cornell Real Estate Review since 2003, but this SPECIAL EDITION marks ...
(2013-07-01)This case focuses on a USD $108.6 million mixed-use development project in Shanghai, China from the perspective of a U.S.-based private equity firm. The firm has been presented with an opportunity to coinvest in the project ...
(2013-07-01)This case tells the story of a newly founded development management company, Palisades Real Estate (PRE), which takes over a challenging residential development project on behalf of its owner. The project is plagued by ...