CRER Vol. 10 (2012)
- Table of Contents
- Foreword. Funk, David L.
- Letter from the Editors. MacLennan, Connor; Medina, Hugo A.
- Miscellaneous Frontmatter
- Front Cover
- Lodging Market: Overcoming Constraints to Gain First Mover Advantage. Dickinson, Clay; Ferroni, Lauro
- The Wisdom of LEED's Role in Green Building Mandates. Cotten, Marya N.
- 2012 Industry Leader Award: Larry A. Silverstein. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review; Silverstein, Larry A.
- Rebuilding the World Trade Center. Silverstein, Larry A.; Daniels, Joseph C.; Panovka, Robin; Pinsky, Seth; Lieber, Janno
- HAMP: Doomed from the Start. Gans, Marc
- A Method for Determining Optimal Tenant Mix (Including Location) in Shopping Centers. Carter, Charles C.; Allen, Marcus T.
- Commercial Real Estate in the Digital Economy. Krumhansl, Robert (Bim); Zikakis, Alex
- Fraser Suites: Asset Management and Exit Strategy of a Serviced Apartment. Hu, Yue
(2012-07-01)Distance is dead. On September 7, 2001 Professor Jacques Marescaux, M.D. of the European Institute of Telesurgery and Dr. Michel Gagner performed the first transatlantic telesurgery from a downtown New York office building ...
(2012-07-01)With assumptions like maximally productive lease structure, equilibrium space allocation, a just-saturated retail market, and zero vacancies, store location would be the remaining variable in obtaining “optimal tenant mix.” ...
(2012-07-01)The collapse of the American housing market has had deleterious effects on not only the U.S. economy, but also the global economy, plunging much of the world into the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.
(2012-07-01)[Excerpt] Dear Readers,We are excited to present the 10th Volume of the Cornell Real Estate Review, the leading publication of Cornell’s Baker Program in Real Estate. In recent times, the real estate industry and capital ...
Foreword (2012-07-01)[Excerpt] Welcome to the 2012 edition of the Cornell Real Estate Review (CRER), a publication that features practical, applied research interspersed with commercial real estate cases and industry awards. The Cornell Real ...
(2012-07-01)[Excerpt] It was April 4th, 1973, when the ceremonial ribbon was cut at the World Trade Center (WTC). That date concluded seven long years of construction-preceded by more than a decade’s worth of planning-that transformed ...
(2012-07-01)[Excerpt] Each year, the Baker Program in Real Estate, in conjunction with the Cornell Real Estate Review (CRER), awards the Industry Leader Award which recognizes transformational leadership in the real estate industry. ...
(2012-07-01)“Climate change” is an extremely understated way to describe humans increasingly suffering from extreme weather events like intense and frequent hurricanes, food shortages for millions of people, and a spike in diseases ...