CRER Vol. 06 (2008)
- Table of Contents. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Foreword. Funk, David L.
- Letter from the Editors. Pitts, Jessica; Wilson, Rachel
- Miscellaneous Frontmatter. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Front Cover
- A Snapshot of Commercial Real Estate Financing in a Time of Uncertainty Circa 2008. Hellman, Rob; Lamstein, Jake
- Due Diligence on Due Diligence. Woroniecki, Richard C.; Woroniecki, Jean L.
- Hong Kong vs. Singapore: A Comparison of Two Real Estate Markets. Chin, Tzu-Yu; Strand, John B.
- A Response to "A Critical Assessment of the Traditional Residential Real Estate Broker Commission Rate Structure" (abridged) by Mark S. Nadel. Nichols, Barbara
- Executive Profile: Sam Zell. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review; Zell, Sam
- Curbing the Loss of Affordable Rental Housing in Florida: A Risk Assessment Approach. Roset-Zuppa, Patricia
- Mixed-Use and Mini-Vans: When New Urbanism Meets Sunbelt Consumer Preference: A Case Study Analysis of Mixed-Use in Dallas, Texas. Lentz, Daniel
- A Challenging Process Outlined. Semel, Brian
- 25th Annual Cornell Real Estate Conference Highlights
25th Annual Cornell Real Estate Conference Highlights (2008-05-01)The 25th Annual Cornell Real Estate Conference was held October 3-4, 2007 at the JPMorganChase Conference Center in New York City featuring keynote speaker Sam Zell.
Mixed-Use and Mini-Vans: When New Urbanism Meets Sunbelt Consumer Preference: A Case Study Analysis of Mixed-Use in Dallas, Texas (2008-07-01)What happens when the ideology commonly referred to as “New Urbanism” meets the dreaded consumer preferences of automobile-addicted sunbelt cities such as Dallas, Texas? New Urbanist ideology permeates current planning ...
A Challenging Process Outlined (2008-07-01)The development process is defined by variables. A successful developer identifies, monitors, understands, and attempts to control these variables. Most development projects require the developer to be prepared to negotiate ...
Curbing the Loss of Affordable Rental Housing in Florida: A Risk Assessment Approach (2008-07-01)Thousands of Floridian families in need of affordable housing rely on privately-owned multifamily rental apartments that were constructed under federal government programs in the 1960s through 1980s. The terms of the subsidy ...
A Response to “A Critical Assessment of the Traditional Residential Real Estate Broker Commission Rate Structure” (abridged) by Mark S. Nadel (2008-07-01)Editor’s Note: Last year’s edition of the Cornell Real Estate Review featured an article by Mark Nadel presenting a criticism of the traditional real estate broker fee structure, the perceived value of brokers’ services, ...
Executive Profile: Sam Zell (2008-07-01)[Excerpt] In October 2007, Sam Zell was the keynote speaker at the Cornell Real Estate Conference, aptly titled “Real Estate Titans.” Zell, equally well-known for his ebullient personage and his contrarian investment ...
Foreword (2008-07-01)[Excerpt] Interest in the Cornell Real Estate Review (CRER) continues to grow as readers find its well-researched yet practice-oriented articles timely, enjoy discovering the personality behind the Profile of an Industry ...