CRER Vol. 06 (2008)
- Table of Contents. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Foreword. Funk, David L.
- Letter from the Editors. Pitts, Jessica; Wilson, Rachel
- Miscellaneous Frontmatter. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Front Cover
- A Snapshot of Commercial Real Estate Financing in a Time of Uncertainty Circa 2008. Hellman, Rob; Lamstein, Jake
- Due Diligence on Due Diligence. Woroniecki, Richard C.; Woroniecki, Jean L.
- Hong Kong vs. Singapore: A Comparison of Two Real Estate Markets. Chin, Tzu-Yu; Strand, John B.
- A Response to "A Critical Assessment of the Traditional Residential Real Estate Broker Commission Rate Structure" (abridged) by Mark S. Nadel. Nichols, Barbara
- Executive Profile: Sam Zell. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review; Zell, Sam
- Curbing the Loss of Affordable Rental Housing in Florida: A Risk Assessment Approach. Roset-Zuppa, Patricia
- Mixed-Use and Mini-Vans: When New Urbanism Meets Sunbelt Consumer Preference: A Case Study Analysis of Mixed-Use in Dallas, Texas. Lentz, Daniel
- A Challenging Process Outlined. Semel, Brian
- 25th Annual Cornell Real Estate Conference Highlights
(2008-05-01)The 25th Annual Cornell Real Estate Conference was held October 3-4, 2007 at the JPMorganChase Conference Center in New York City featuring keynote speaker Sam Zell.
(2008-07-01)The development process is defined by variables. A successful developer identifies, monitors, understands, and attempts to control these variables. Most development projects require the developer to be prepared to negotiate ...
Mixed-Use and Mini-Vans: When New Urbanism Meets Sunbelt Consumer Preference: A Case Study Analysis of Mixed-Use in Dallas, Texas (2008-07-01)What happens when the ideology commonly referred to as “New Urbanism” meets the dreaded consumer preferences of automobile-addicted sunbelt cities such as Dallas, Texas? New Urbanist ideology permeates current planning ...
(2008-07-01)Thousands of Floridian families in need of affordable housing rely on privately-owned multifamily rental apartments that were constructed under federal government programs in the 1960s through 1980s. The terms of the subsidy ...
(2008-07-01)[Excerpt] In October 2007, Sam Zell was the keynote speaker at the Cornell Real Estate Conference, aptly titled “Real Estate Titans.” Zell, equally well-known for his ebullient personage and his contrarian investment ...
A Response to “A Critical Assessment of the Traditional Residential Real Estate Broker Commission Rate Structure” (abridged) by Mark S. Nadel (2008-07-01)Editor’s Note: Last year’s edition of the Cornell Real Estate Review featured an article by Mark Nadel presenting a criticism of the traditional real estate broker fee structure, the perceived value of brokers’ services, ...
(2008-07-01)[Excerpt] Dear Readers, Welcome to the sixth volume of the Cornell Real Estate Review, a publication of the Cornell University Program in Real Estate. This volume continues to reflect the nexus between theory and practice ...