CRER Vol. 04 (2006)
- Foreword. Funk, David
- Letter from the Editors. Lark, Michael; Trudel, Steven
- Miscellaneous Frontmatter. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- More Miscellaneous Frontmatter
- Evolution and Revolution of the Like-Kind Exchange Market. Rupert, David C.
- Business Enterprise Value in Hotels - The Reality vs. the Shell Game. deRoos, Jan A.
- The Role of Tax Credits and Subsidies in Downtown Revitalization: Case Study Binghamton, New York. Abrams, Joshua; Alvarado, Oscar; Barton, Carolyn; Bosshart, Samantha; Johnson, Elizabeth; Matteson, Matt; Sargent, Elizabeth
- Land Rush in Las Vegas. Snyder, Jason
- The Double-Edged Sword of Borrowing: Increasing Costs of Homeownership and the Roles of Property and Loan Flipping in New York City. Ababon, Anthony
- Is Real Estate a Fad? Orscheln, Michael
Is Real Estate a Fad? (2006-01-01)[Excerpt] According to the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, (Fourth Edition Copyright 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company), a fad is defined as: “A fashion that is taken up with great enthusiasm for a ...
More Miscellaneous Frontmatter (2004-01-01)Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate; Advisory Board; Student Collaboration Initiative; Call For Papers - Cornell Real Estate Review; The ING CLARION Most Outstanding Article Award Cornell Real Estate Review; AREC: ...
Foreword (2006-01-01)[Excerpt] The Cornell University Graduate Program in Real Estate in conjunction with the Cornell Real Estate Council is pleased to present Volume 4 of the Cornell Real Estate Journal (CREJ). Founded in 2002 as a forum for ...
Letter from the Editors (2006-01-01)[Excerpt] Dear Readers,Welcome to the 2006 edition of the Cornell Real Estate Journal. This year’s issue of the Journal continues the precedent set forth in previous editions, covering a wide range of topics including real ...
The Double-Edged Sword of Borrowing: Increasing Costs of Homeownership and the Roles of Property and Loan Flipping in New York City (2006-01-01)[Excerpt] Introduction For many low- and moderate-income homeowners, home equity represents their single largest asset. 1 Unfortunately, unscrupulous lenders and real estate sales people are targeting low-income residents ...
Land Rush in Las Vegas (2006-01-01)[Excerpt] Introduction For decades, Las Vegas has been a favorite destination for fun-seekers who yearn for the glitz and glamour that personifies ‘The Strip’. While visitors came by the millions, few took the step of ...
The Role of Tax Credits and Subsidies in Downtown Revitalization: Case Study Binghamton, New York (2006-07-01)[Excerpt] Introduction The O'Neil-Ross Building, located in the central business district of Binghamton, New York is looking at another lease on life. Known simply as the O'Neil Building, it was built in 1889-1890 for ...
Business Enterprise Value in Hotels – The Reality vs. the Shell Game (2006-01-01)[Excerpt] The Appraisal of Real Estate states: The existence of a residual intangible personal property component in certain properties has been widely recognized for years. Among the many terms used to describe this ...
Evolution and Revolution of the Like-Kind Exchange Market (2006-01-01)[Excerpt] Executive Summary Section 1031 has been part of the Internal Revenue Service tax code since 1921, but recent changes to Section 1031 and recent guidance provided by the IRS have significantly broadened the appeal ...