CRER Vol. 02 (2003)
- Foreword. Olson, C. Bradley
- Letter from the Editors. Banerjee, Chandan; Katzen, Brook
- Miscellaneous Frontmatter
- Real Estate Capitalization Rate Interpretations through the Cycle. Corgel, John B.
- Investment Value Depends on Investment Value. deRoos, Jan A.; Corgel, John B.
- The Repeal of Rent Control in Malaysia. Atsumi, Saeko
- Investment Opportunities in China's Real Estate Market. Gong, Jackie Yan; So, Philip Hei Tung
- A Catalog of Responses to September 11. Heath, Ann Elizabeth
- Timeshare in Mixed Use Projects: Success and Risk Factors. Dupuis, Jason J.; Patterson, Giles P.; Su, Frank Y.
- Blue Heaven Case Response. Mings, Brian Maxwell
- Case Study: Blue Heaven Science and Technology Campus. Olsen, C. Bradley; Kim, Byung Gweon; Kwon, Chul Hwan; Lin, Chun-ju (Vivian); So, Philip Hei Tung
(2003-07-01)[Excerpt] Mixed use projects with both a timeshare and hotel component are increasingly popular as the resort development project of choice. Given the many advantages of mixed use, the purpose of this paper is to present ...
(2003-07-01)[Excerpt] On September 11, 2001, life as we knew it changed when a terrorist attack took the lives of thousands with the hijacking of four airplanes. Two of those planes were used to destroy the World Trade Center’s Twin ...
(2003-07-01)[Excerpt] Dear Readers, Welcome to the latest issue of the Cornell Real Estate Journal! Our goal for the Journal is to produce a publication that is a mix of the “state-of-the-art” and the “state-of-the-practice.” We hope ...
(2003-07-01)This paper is a comprehensive introduction to China’s real estate market. After briefly reviewing the reforms and macro political and economic environment in China, the paper gives a general overview of the market, and ...
Foreword (2003-07-01)[Excerpt] Dear friends, alumni and supporters of Cornell’s Program in Real Estate, We are pleased to present Volume 2 of the Cornell Real Estate Journal. Assembled and presented by Executive Editors Chandan Banerjee and ...
(2003-07-01)[Excerpt] Policy Background A newspaper reported that the Federal Government of Malaysia had indicated its intention of repealing the Control of Rent Act 1966 since the beginning of the 1980s (Kathirasen, 1997), when the ...
(2003-07-01)Users of discounted-cash flow models for estimating real estate investment values encounter the following problem: the unknown value being estimated depends on inputs to the model that rely on the unknown value. The models, ...
(2003-07-01)Both the numerator and denominator of real estate capitalization rates may experience different degrees of movement as markets evolve from one phase of the cycle to another. Capitalization rate interpretations become ...
(2003-06-01)[Excerpt] A regional light rail authority (“Authority”) in a large metropolitan area is involved in major extension of its services and is facing a funding shortage. The Authority has elected to raise additional funds from ...
(2003-06-01)[Excerpt] The issue at hand regarding The Science and Technology Campus being developed by Blue Heaven Technology Partners, LLC (BHTP) is how to deal with several problems that have arisen since the developer was awarded ...