CRER Vol. 01 (2002)
- Miscellaneous Frontmatter. Editorial Board, Cornell Real Estate Review
- Truly Smart Growth. Mills, Edwin S.
- Conservation Development and Smart Growth: A Development Technique for Open Space Protection. LeClear, Ed
- Cuban Real Estate: The Next Boom? Norvell, Douglass G.
- Housing Returns and Restrictions on Diversification. Chinloy, Peter; Cho, Man
- Divergent Strategies: Edison Gardens and Tacolcy Economic Development Corporation, Miami, Florida. Von Hoffman, Alexander
- South Bridge Student Case Response. Su, Frank
- South Bridge Student Case Response. Kroll, Josh
- South Bridge Project. Brown, Nina; deRoos, Jan; Burrell-Crowe, Elliot
(2002-07-01)Editors Note: The following articles by Professor Mills and Ed LeClear, a Cornell graduate student, both address a very contentious issue currently in debate among real estate developers, planners, and governments: Smart ...
(2002-07-01)Residential single-family housing dominates the portfolio of the representative household. Most homeowners are neither diversified by asset type nor by geographic market The same households that hold only one house are ...
(2002-07-01)[Excerpt] The name Cuba conjures, for many, images of a country hostile to private real estate ownership. But those of us who have been to the island recently know that opportunities for private land ownership do exist, ...
(2002-07-01)Editors Note: Urban redevelopment has seen a dramatic revitalization in the last two decades, especially with the creation of Community Development Corporations (CDCs) and HOPE IV. Unfortunately, successful development in ...
(2002-07-01)[Excerpt] In communities across the United States the pressures of population and economic growth, and the market interactions between the two, are spurring unprecedented residential, industrial and commercial development. ...
(2002-07-01)[Excerpt] ...The South Bridge Project is a mixed-use concept located in the North Michigan Avenue portion of Chicago's business district and is to contain retail on the first few floors, class A office, and a 300 room ...
(2002-07-01)[Excerpt] Care Study- The Jean DuSable Company is facing a decision regarding the development options for the final parcels within the South Bridge Redevelopment Project, a large mixed-use development in the North Michigan ...
(2002-06-01)[Excerpt] ...I originally believed that the Chicago market could support any mixed use project. Following my initial impression, I felt that the South Bridge Redevelopment Project should have roughly equal proportions of ...