Case studies are broken into 9 topics:
- Human Health and Nutrition Policies
- Food Security, Consumption and Demand Policies
- Poverty Alleviation Policies
- Domestic Market Policies
- Food Production and Supply Policies
- Natural Resource Management Policies
- Governance, Institutions, and Macroeconomic Policies
- Trade and Globalization Policies
- Ethical Aspects of Food Systems
Collections in this community
(CUL Initiatives in Publishing (CIP), 2007)In 1997 the government of Mexico implemented PROGRESA (Programa de Educación, Salud, y Alimenación), an integrated approach to poverty alleviation through the development of human capital. PROGRESA was one part of a larger ...
(CUL Initiatives in Publishing (CIP), 2007)China’s economy has witnessed considerable achievements since economic reforms were initiated in 1978. Average overall gross domestic product (GDP) has grown approximately 9 percent annually during the past two decades. ...
(CUL Initiatives in Publishing (CIP), 2007)Migration plays an important role in development and as a strategy for poverty reduction. A recent World Bank investigation finds a significant positive relationship between international migration and poverty reduction ...
(CUL Initiatives in Publishing (CIP), 2007)The Right to Food Campaign in India began in 2001. It was a time of absurd paradox. Even as the foodgrain stocks held by the government rose to 50 million metric tons, several parts of the country were reeling from a third ...