Web Bio PageCurrent Activities
Current Professional Activities
American Dietetic Association
Board member- FoodNet
Current Extension Activities
Review of nutrition resources for New York State Cooperative Extension offices.
Quality assurance of nutrition programs in New York State Cooperative Extension offices.
Creation and implementation of trainings utilizing the Norris dialogue approach to learning.
Policy development to guide paraprofessional action in local associations
As an extension associate with the Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE), my mission is to enable and support education and positive behavior change among participants in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program. Strategies to facilitate this accomplishment include:
- conducting staff training that promotes use of Norris's dialogue approach
- technical assistance provided during formal site visits to county associations
- leading development and implementation of trainings (e.g. training on diabetes for paraprofessionals and their supervisors)
- review of curricula and other resources used during participant contacts
- design of policies that support effective action within the scope of practice of paraprofessionals
As a member of the Food and Nutrition Education in Communities team within the Division of Nutritional Sciences, I am honored to work with and for diverse, innovative people in support of improved nutrition for limited-resource audiences.
MPH, 2006 University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
BS, 2002 College of William and Mary